RedDrop malware targets Android phones
A new Android malware called RedDrop has been reported.
According to security firm Wandera, it is being spread through at least 53 apps such as image editors, calculators, language learning tools and adult themed apps.
Read the entire report at Wandera blog
Few recommendations to avoid this malware as:
- Don’t download applications from untrusted sources
- Always review the app details, number of downloads, user reviews and comments, “additional information” section prior to downloading or installing apps on Android devices
- Verify app permissions and grant only those permissions relevant to app context
- In settings, don’t enable installation of apps from “Untrusted Sources”
- Be cautious while visiting trusted/untrusted sources by clicking links